Cam Newton and the New England Patriots square off against Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Miami Dolphins. What will the New England Patriots look like without Tom Brady? Well, starting another QB with Super Bowl experience is about the best you can do as an organization. Will Miami pick up where they left off in 2020 or will the Dolphins begin the season as they did in 2019? Who are the New England Miami fantasy football standouts?
Who are the Patriots Dolphins fantasy football starters? Sean and David from the fantasy football almanac talk about all of the fantasy football story lines such as:
- Miami made a lot of moves this offseason and it might take a while for them to meld. As readers know, I love what Jordan Howard can bring to this Dolphins team and think Breida will be used liberally as well. I’m eagerly waiting the snap count distribution between the two.
- Will Preston Williams play? If so, what will he look like? There will be targets to go around in this offense, so he’ll be fine … but will he pop early in the season?
- Also – Mike Gesicki…. I liked him more in last year’s offense than I do here, but that’s not to say I dislike him. I want to see his target total in the game. If he’s above 7, I’ll be placing a waiver claim on him in my leagues.
- Cam Newton is the sexier storyline, so we’ll start there. New England has been sniffing around QBs with mobility. I’ve been skeptical throughout the offseason, but the fact that he was named a team captain speaks to his leadership … and status on the team. New England couldn’t throw the ball downfield to save their lives last season. Can they this season? We’ll see. The good news is that they should be a bit more efficient in short yardage situations.
- The Pats waived Sanu, which seems like an affirmation in N’Keal Harry’s ability to pick up the offense. I also liked Jakobi Meyers last year. It wouldn’t shock me if he winds up a solid WR3.
- There’s been buzz about Damian Harris’ output in training camp. He might not play in week 1, but I’ll be keeping an eye out early in the season.
- Also NE’s defense was all-decade incredible last year. For my money, I thought they were better than the Bears of 2018 or Jags of 2017. They lost some pieces in free agency … then lost more to Covid opt-outs. It’ll be “next man up” across the board for the units. What’ll happen?
RoccoBot Score Prediction: Miami 13, New England 24