At this point of the year, it’s all about winning, so I’m offering mostly streamer advice here. All of the big names will be gone, so I’m sticking to only players available in roughly 1/3 of the leagues out there (or better).
- Brock Purdy – if you’re looking for a home run swing, this is your guy. He still has a couple of weeks before NFL defenses have enough tape to fully adjust to him.
- Derek Carr – I don’t love the matchup vs Pittsburgh, but the Raiders have turned a corner this year
- Sam Darnold – the matchup vs Detroit this week isn’t awful and the Panthers have been livelier the past couple of weeks.
- Deon Jackson – it looks like Taylor is out for the year. Jackson is the next guy up.
- Tyler Algeier – had a great game last week. Let’s see if he can build on that momentum
- Rachaad White – looks like the Tampa Backfiled is mostly his for whatever that’s worth
- Jerick McKinnon – I don’t think he’s going to score multiple TDs every week, but he’s done it twice in a row so you have to give him a look.
- Damien Harris – I know Stephenson is the guy in New England, but that lateral business was an awful way to lose an important game. Could Stephenson be punished despite his strong performance? If so, Harris is in line to step up.
- Treylon Burks – might be off the injured list this week and Tennessee needs him badly.
- Donovan Peoples-Jones – he is consistently scoring and hasn’t had that “huge” week yet. But it’s coming. He’s a great home run swing if you’re a WR-needy team playing against a top seed.
- Jahan Dotson – he’ll be better if Wentz ends up starting again
- George Pickens – if Pittsburgh could throw touchdown passes, he’d have more.
- Elijah Moore – I liked him better when Wilson was still on the bench.
- Kadarius Toney – he wasn’t featured in his return to action, but I think he’ll be a larger focal point in the weeks ahead.
- Evan Engram – with Lawrence heating up, he must be rostered and should be started.
- Noah Fant – he’s been showing signs of reasonable production the last few weeks
- Taysom Hill – need a boom or bust starter to “boom” this week? Hill could be your guy
- Denver Broncos vs LA Rams – nice matchup for the Broncos, though they are on the road.
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs NY Jets – the entire team is improving, but I’d only make this play if Wilson is starting this week for the Jets
- LA Rams vs Denver Broncos – It’s safe to say I think this game will be low scoring. I like the Rams even more if Donald starts … but who doesn’t?